I remember hearing W say in a speech that if someone isn’t doing anything wrong, why are they hiding.. or being deceitful… or something like that. It might have been about Iraq before the war, I really don’t remember. Comment if you have the exact words or occasion. What really stuck with me was the look on his face, the tone of his voice, the petulance – and I’m working on a poem about it. I don’t have time to work on it any more this afternoon – here’s the first stab at the first stanza.:
Speaking to the fearful souls
More simple than himself
Inflection rise at sentence-end
Like the reiteration of the obvious
to the thickheaded
– when he deceives us.
Meanwhile, here are a couple of things that Washington blocked the public from knowing…
- The President’s Daily Briefing from the 9/11 Commission
- Documents related to the leak investigation
- Cheney’s influence in Halliburton deal
- Cheney’s Energy Task Force deliberations
- The true cost of the Medicare bill
- John Bolton’s secret intercepts
- Abu Ghraib prisoner abuse report
Keep an eye on what is witheld. What is absent is important.