Seven Things To Do Before I Die
- Live to see the current campaign financing system abolished. Each candidate should receive a specified amount from tax dollars. Network should air weekly debates as part of their obligation in return for use of public airwaves. No personal, party, or corporate dollars should be used for PR purposes of any kind other than non-partisan “get out the vote” drives. It needs to be about the message again, and we need to disrupt the puppet politican network.
- Have Billie Joe Armstrong, Rudy Rucker, or Jeff Vandermeer over for dinner. Actually, it might be fun to put them in the same room.
- Finish writing and publish my vampire novel.
- Rent a villa in Tuscany (Toscana) and visit Elba.
- Go back to Acadia National Park in Maine (in July).
- See our son’s children.
- Somehow pay off my student loans.
Seven Things I Cannot Do
- Skydiving (bad feet)
- Become President of the United States
- In the age-old gesture of contempt, spit in Cheney’s face
- Play like a concert pianist
- Ever hit F above C again
- Abandon my child
- Pay off my student loans (most likely)
Seven Things That Attract Me to…Blogging
- Spreading information that is important to me.
- As a form of communication and reporting and thinking.
- Being part of something that gets people writing again.
- The habitual and non-demanding nature of the writing takes the anxiety out of the writing process for me, and stimulates me to work on other projects as well.
- Connecting with new friends I would never have otherwise met, and keeping up with my faves.
- Getting feedback and comments – from friends and worthy adversaries.
- Seeing who links and finding new blogs.
Seven Things I Say Most Often
- Good lord (thanks to my friend Cathy, who infected me with this)
- Hugs and smooches
- Gimmee a minute here
- What was the point of that?
- Don’t get me started
Seven Books That I Love
- Labyrinths: Selected Stories and Other Writings – Jorge Luis Borges
- The Castle – Franz Kafka
- City of Saints and Madmen: The Book of Ambergris – Jeff Vandermeer
- Blood Roses: A Novel of Saint-Germain – Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
- Snow Crash – Neal Stephenson
- Bones of the Moon – Jonathan Carroll
- The Earthsea Quartet (A Wizard of Earthsea, The Tombs of Atuan, The Farthest Shore, Tehanu – Ursula LeGuin
Seven Movies That I Watch Over and Over Again
- 8 1/2 Starring: Marcello Mastroianni, Claudia Cardinale, Anouk Aimée, Sandra Milo, Rossella Falk. Director: Federico Fellini.
- They Live Starring: Roddy Piper, Keith David. Director: John Carpenter.
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being From the book by Milan Kundera (the book is even bettter). Starring: Daniel Day-Lewis, Juliette Binoche, Lena Olin. Director: Philip Kaufman.
- Babette’s Feast Starring: Stéphane Audran, Birgitte Federspiel. Director: Gabriel Axel.
- To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar Starring: Wesley Snipes, Patrick Swayze, John Leguizamo, Stockard Channing, Blythe Danner. Director: Beeban Kidron.
- Bram Stoker’s Dracula Starring: Gary Oldman, Winona Ryder, Anthony Hopkins, Keanu Reeves, Richard E. Grant. Director: Francis Ford Coppola.
- Akira Kurosawa’s Dreams Starring: Akira Terao, Mitsuko Baisho, Toshie Negishi, Mieko Harada, Mitsunori Isaki. Director: Akira Kurosawa.
Seven People I Want To Join In Too