I am totally in love with my new green 4G iPod nano. I love it, totally love it.
I only wish that I had gotten the one with more capacity. I am very close to crossing the limit already, and I’m only about halfway through my CD collection. I’ve had to redo a couple of the songs – some of my favorite CDs are a little beat up.
Of course, I can keep more on my computer, and just check the songs I want to synch to my iPod. In fact I’m thinking of slaving an old hard drive specifically for this purpose.
4 gigs is still a decent selection – about a 1000 songs, or a little less because I want to display the cover art too.
It took me about three minutes to familiarize myself with how to change the volume and so on. The mouse-like wheel makes things very easy.
If I’m a little quiet here, it’s because I’ve discovered (and rediscovered) so much music – even in my own collection. I’m totally immersed. I was out dancing on the deck again last night. This will make housework a lot more bearable, I can tell you that right now.
I’ve already got my complete Kate Bush, Tori Amos, and Zombies collections synched, with their own playlists. Ahhhh.
Did you know that Smashmouth did a version of “I’m a Believer” (Monkees)? Yeah, ok, it dates me and it’s not cool or anything like that, but I’ve never been cool anyway and I love this song.
I wonder if there is a WordPress plugin to display what’s playing? Hmm. I’ll look into that.
“Lullaby” (The Cure) just finished.
Now “Itsy Bitsy Spider/Coming Around Again” (Carly Simon) is playing.
“P**s on the Wall” (J.Geils) is up next.
After that, the next ten on random play are:
- I am the Walrus (Jim Carey) – This is a bit of a find, I think.
- Undertow (Suzanne Vega) – Ethereal trancey pop
- Smokey Day (Zombies) – I love the Zombies, still. This is one of the best.
- Black Horse and the Cherry Tree (KT Tunstall) – This is a terrific song! (thank you, Bonbon)
- In the Summertime (Roger Miller) – Childhood memories – good ones.
- Armageddon Days Are Here Again (The The) – Oh, that voice.
- Sister Moon (Sting) – I would love to sing this myself
- Feelin’ Way Too Da*n Good (Nickelback) – Love, love, love – and more love
- Candy-O (The Cars) – I died the first time I heard this described as an “oldie”
- Sad Lisa (Cat Stevens) – Plays my heartstrings every time
Oh, yeah! And more than 900 more…
I am having so. much. fun.