1. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
2. Marry someone you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be their most important quality.
3. Don’t believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
4. When you say, “I love you,” mean it.
5. When you say, “I’m sorry,” act like you mean it.
6. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
7. Believe in love at first sight.
8. Never laugh at anyone’s dream. Dreams offer hope.
9. Love deeply and passionately.
10. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
11. Don’t judge people by their relatives.
12. Talk slowly but think quickly.
13. Remember that great love and great rewards also involve great risk.
15. Say “bless you” when someone sneezes.
16. When you lose, do so graciously.
17. Remember the three R’s: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.
18. Allow nothing to ruin a great friendship because the great ones are truly rare.
19. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
20. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
21. Spend some time alone every day.
(Add me as a friend if you’re on the Sisterwoman network.)